- Hire a professional bartender, one who is trained to notice signs of intoxication.
- In addition to beverages, serve food, which slows the absorption of alcohol and, hopefully, reduces the amount of alcohol consumed.
- Offer soft drinks as well as alcohol. With surprising frequency, holiday parties overlook soft drinks and/or make them less available to attendees. Offer a variety of soft drinks so that guests do not feel pressured into drinking alcohol.
- Have one or more designated drivers available. Instruct these persons to monitor the crowd for potential problems and to take the initiative in offering rides to suspect individuals.
- Before the party, make it known that employees are expected to behave responsibly during the party.
About the Firm
The law firm of Sharpless & Stavola, P.A. provides top quality, aggressive legal representation to individuals and businesses throughout North Carolina. A core practice area of the firm is employment litigation, where our attorneys regularly represent parties in disputes arising from all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. Employment issues frequently litigated by the firm include claims of discriminatory hiring and employment practices, sexual harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge, wage and hour violations, breach of contract and no-compete covenants, and employee benefits litigation. In addition to confronting claims of traditional employment discrimination, the firm represents parties with respect to statutory rights and obligations imposed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act.
On behalf of our clients, we regularly appear in all North Carolina state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the North Carolina Department of Labor, and the Office of Federal Contractor Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Sharpless & Stavola, P.A. is a Martindale-Hubbell “AV” rated law firm. Please review the firm’s webpage for additional information, including individual attorney profiles. The firm's telephone number is 336-333-6400.